We will ensure student success by maintaining a highly effective, empowered staff.
Strategy: RECRUIT, ONBOARD, and RETAIN highly effective staff.
- Increase compensation for employees (certified supplement and classified salaries).
- Improve hiring procedures.
- Revise new teacher mentoring support (NTSP/UNCG, ICs, and others).
- Implement new teacher orientation.
- Develop new employee training (by department and school).
- Strengthen partnerships with colleges/universities (student teachers).
Strategy: PROVIDE SUPPORT and opportunities for professional GROWTH.
- Develop a pathway to becoming a highly qualified Teacher Assistant.
- Implement and maintain coaching structure and model.
- Provide professional development based upon data and needs.
- Research methods for curating professional development for employees.
- Revise evaluations to better reflect current job expectations.
Strategy: FOSTER collaboration and STRENGTHEN leadership.
- Encourage collaborative approaches/processes to incorporate a variety of voices in decision making and maintain intentional and continuous communication about decisions with staff.
- Distribute and develop staff leadership.
- Promote collective ownership and responsibility for success.
- Support leadership development for school/district leaders.