Family & Community Involvement
We will be a trusted resource, connecting schools, families, and the community in order to maximize learning opportunities.
Strategy: BUILD community partnerships that create mutually beneficial relationships and connect people.
- Maintain strong relationships with local foundations, organizations, churches, local government agencies, and law enforcement.
- Create and maintain the DCS Community Champions program, connecting families and local businesses.
- Communicate school events to the community and join in community led events as representatives of Davie County Schools.
Strategy: CONNECT and educate families through clear communication and relevant resources.
- Maintain accurate and timely information on GoDavie.org and include helpful and relevant resources.
- Communicate frequently through School Messenger, ensuring all parents and families have access to consistent information through email, voice message and text.
- Provide opportunities and resources that build parent and family engagement in the curriculum, in order to best support the student(s) in their home.
- Collaborate with parents and families through Superintendent/Parent Roundtable meetings.
- Support students and families during grade level transitions.
Strategy: CELEBRATE the successes, accomplishments, and important milestones of students and staff.
- Utilize multiple communication platforms to tell the Davie County Schools’ story.
- Recognize individuals and groups at Board of Education Meetings.
- Honor student and staff achievements at school, district and community events.
- Uphold school and district values and traditions.